Tuesday, 9 April 2013

like a bird


Black Dress: Miss shop, Buckle shoes: Imagination, Clock necklace: birthday present

On such a sun shinny day was Dhillan's 17th birthday lunch at cute restaurant on Southbank in Melbourne. I had to quickly take these photos before I had to dash off to my theatre group's last rehearsal before we performed the first performance of 'Never Neverland' last Saturday. So yes, these photos are from a few days before that and I am just really late blogging them because I didn't know if I liked the photos or not, but I haven't shot any other looks recently so here this is.

My makeup this day followed the idea of a bird. Yes that may sounds weird, but I like eccentric makeup and I love jewels so this is the result of that. However, a few people kept getting freaked out my the jewels not knowing what they were.
I think I may have said before that the dress is an opshop item I picked up for $4 even though originally it would have been quite expensive (scorreeeee!) & these shoes are an old pair that I picked up for $20, but the annoying things go clip clop clip clop everywhere.... Do i rather endure the annoying sound and wear lovely shoes or just throw them into a microwave? What do you think I should do?
x g.

30 comments:

  1. I think your make up was great and really original (: and that dress is really nice!



    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!!
      I love your blog c:

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you x
      Your blog is really cute!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment!
    & yes, of course we can follow each other via bloglovin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & you should link this blog to bloglovin ;-)

      Delete
    2. done & done, oopsie daisy! thank you ♥

      Delete
  4. We can't believe that dress was $4!! it looks so cute on you. What opshops to you go to?

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! I go to anything everywhere. But not usually Salvo's or Vinnie's because they are getting rather expensive for an opshop. :c

      Delete
  5. I love the texture of the photos Gemma:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful photos!! 4 dollar for that dress, nice bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! C: I know! And it is the perfect simple black dress I have been looking for.

      Delete
  7. like look .. city?

    Passa da me/ See me

    FASHION SEDUCER
    Ti seguo, ricambi? (I follow you, spare parts?)

    MY FACEBOOK


    MY TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this was taken in the city of Melbourne :)

      Delete
  8. That dress is truly a bargain!
    It looks good on you, very chic
    and elegant c: And I love the
    two piercing at your nosebridge!
    So brave!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the thing I LOVE is that this dress can morph for any occasion :)
      Ooohh i did a fake thing - That isn't a piercing, instead it is to jewels stuck on c: I have a phobia of piercings although I wish I could get a nosebridge piercing.

      Delete
  9. i love this, the makeup is so cool!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the all-black, following and waiting for more!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leaving the post for a corner, I must say your blog is amazing! As a good Brazilian I must compliment! HAHA
    KISSES! STAY WITH GOD!


    http://bobagemdagente.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way u used these lil' endearin' studs! Fascinatin'!

    let's follow each other?
    www.helendushko.com

    Helen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this , this makeup is so good ;)
    and i realy like your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! C: Your blog is cute x

      Delete
  14. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It always makes me glad to hear this sort of thing

      Delete